The 2021 CMT'Artists of the Year' ceremony took place at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville, Tenn., on Wednesday (Oct. 13).
In case you missed it, here are Cody Alan's 8 notable moments from the evening.
1. Walker Hayes proves not every song has to be serious. Walker brought his "Fancy Like" smash to the stage and had everyone feeling like an upgrade (ayy!).
2. CMT 'Artists of the Year' honoree Luke Combs opened the show with "Forever After All." We are forever in awe of this country star!
3. CMT tips their hat to 'Artist of a Lifetime' honoree Randy Travis and his contribution to country music! Kane Brown gave us new life when he performed Randy's 2002 hit, "Three Wooden Crosses."
6. Mickey Guyton & Yola teamed up for the most passionate performance of the evening, singing "Remember Her Name."
7. As if Gabby Barrett wasn't already a vocal powerhouse, the singer just keeps getting better and better, and the way that her husband Cade looks at her when she sings "by the way he looks at me" made all of the hearts flutter.
8. Garth Brooks honored Randy Travis with the 'Artist of a Lifetime' achievement. Randy and his wife Mary took to the stage to deliver in an emotional acceptance speech.
See all of the CMT Artist of the Year action this weekend on CMT's Hot 20 Countdown. Cody Alan will be taking you backstage and into the green room to help share monumental artist moments. It's a weekend of bucket list moments coming true! Watch Saturday and Sunday morning 9a/8c on CMT.
Photo Credit: Getty Images.