Many people have realized it's not only hard to get together with your existing friends due to the busy schedules of adulthood, it's also difficult to make new friends, so one woman came up with a solution! When Elva Carrie of Dublin, Ireland didn't have any friend who free to go dancing one night, she got on Tinder and changed her sex to Male so it would connect her with other women. She then explained in her profile she was actually just looking for friends. She actually ended up meeting a someone who, after messaging with, realized there should be an app for finding friends and GirlCrew was born! It started as a Facebook group, but is now an app available in 35 cities around the world.
Click the link in the tweet below to read the Daily Mail article about GirlCrew, but here are some highlights:
- The app launched in Ireland in June of 2017
- It's now available in the UK, Austraila, and the US as of March.
- It's up to 100,000 users around the world.
- Instead of swiping left or right like in dating apps, users join group gatherings for different activities.
- The app is free, but there is a premium version where you can pay between $12-20 a month depending on the city you're in.
Click the link below for more, and scroll past that to find their Instagram account!
About time, ha! https://t.co/Qaa8EZPcjn— Hemmy (@get_hemmered) August 2, 2018
Hey GirlCrewers in #sf 👋. Want to win a Free spot in GirlCrew Premium for a year - including weekly events hosted by our team, free entry to GirlCrew careers & founder events and access to our discounts directory with partner businesses?? Simply tag your BFF below and show them some love. . . . . #sf #frisco #sanfran #sanfranciscolove #freestuff #competition #girlcrewsf #winning #girlgang #girlganggoals #girlgangmeetup #girlgangsf #squadgoals❤️ #squadgoals💯 #girlsquad #squadup #networking #badassbusinesswomen #femalefounders #womansnetwork #womensnetworking