With the announcement of a potential World Tour yesterday, it's worth taking a look at some of the songs that got him to massive popularity!
Top 10 Garth Brooks Songs
10. Shameless -Bet you didn't know that this was originally a Billy Joel song before it was covered by Garth. In fact, they've been known to perform this song together live a few times!
9. Two Pina Coladas -Let's face it, who doesn't want to go to a beach and relax? After all, headaches are healed by the sea!
8. More than A Memory -This song debuted at #1 on the Country Charts back in 2007, the first song to ever do that. (Still the only one as well) Also, it became Garth's first #1 in nearly 10 years.
7. Rodeo -The first single released on Ropin' The Wind, which later became the first country album to debut at #1 on the charts.
6. The Thunder Rolls -It's one of his most popular songs, but the music video was originally banned from Country Television stations due to it's dark theme. However, it still won the CMA Video of the Year.
5. Callin' Baton Rouge -Actually a cover from a lesser-known band that was recorded 5 years before Garth's version. Also an introduction for LSU's football team.
4. If Tomorrow Never Comes -This song was on his first album and later became his first number one, who knew that there were many more to follow at the time?
3. Ain't Goin' Down ('Til The Sun Comes Up) -Garth was not known for making many playful songs before the time of this release. That all changed in 1993 when this song shot up to #1 in 6 weeks. Try to sing the verses, it's not easy.
2. The Dance -While it's one of his more somber songs, it's a song that helped propel his popularity early.
1. Friends in Low Places -His most popular song, his anthem for the common man in a small town. It's hard not to sing along whenever this song comes on!
Photo: Getty Images