Nobody likes to haggle but if you're haggling with a company that expects you to haggle you should be able to get some money off the product you're purchasing! Some of these are no-brainers but there are a few we had no idea about!
Do you haggle for something that's not on this list?
1. Satellite and cable TV service: You can get deals on premium packages like NFL Sunday Ticket, and you can also get equipment fees waived.
2. Real estate commissions: Realtors are under pressure from online companies that help you sell your house on your own. You can usually get them to come down a percentage point or so. Especially if you agree to buy your new house with them too.
3. Healthcare: Providers hate doing the insurance paperwork. Sometimes they'll cut you a deal if you pay cash.
4. Jewelry:The retail markup on jewelry is usually 100% to 300%. They can afford to give BIG discounts.
5. College tuition: If you send more than one child to the same school, you can sometimes get a volume discount.
6. Furniture: Cash is king at furniture stores!! They'll get you a 'discount,' just ask!
7. Musical instruments: Chains probably won't do this but local stores will!
8. Gym memberships: There's a lot of competition, and terms are different from one member to the next...they know you'll probably quit within the first 3 months anyway.
9. Cruise tickets: Wait until the last minute and score big on whatever still isn't booked...and pray, cuz cruise ships.
10. Credit card rates: People with good credit get so many offers, it's easy to play the companies against each other. If your credit is bad you may be able to adjust your interest rate.
11. Mattresses: Most brands have huge retail markups.
12. Tires: Ask to get the stems, mounting, balancing, and other extras for free.
13. Rent: Especially if you're renewing a lease and you start negotiating a few months in advance, you can get a much better deal than just waiting for that letter in the mail.
14. Back taxes: You can make a settlement deal under the right circumstances. Basically, you have to make the IRS believe they'll never get the full amount back.
See...haggling can be fun! These guys did it...they're shaking hands and smiling!